menu   Home About Me My Products Freebies Contact Me  

Matching Hearts Center ****FREEBIE****


I was putting together Valentines treat bags for my son's class and I had all of these leftover plastic hearts that I got at Target.  I took off the wrappers, removed the candy (yum!) and decided I had to use them for something fun!  They are so cute, I couldn't waste them.


I grabbed a Sharpie and quickly made an addition matching center!  You could easily turn these into any type of matching center that you choose.  I wrote the addends on one half of the heart and the sums on the matching side.  Students can use candy hearts, seasonal erasers or other math manipulatives to help them complete the addition problems.  If your students have already mastered addition, make this a subtraction center.  Not ready for addition?  Write numbers on one side and draw that many hearts on the opposite side.  The possibilities are endless :)


When students complete an equation, they can put that many manipulatives inside of the heart and then record their answers on a recording sheet.  Grab a FREE recording sheet by clicking on the link below or by clicking on any of the pictures above.




I am definitely going to hit up the sale rack after Valentines Day and grab a bunch of these cute hearts!  Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment